I may, perhaps, eventually figure out how to make individual blog posts about some of these things . . . In the meantime, here are more random things concerning the last and future several days.
- I hate when I find a knitting or sewing pattern I love and it’s only in Hungarian. Or any other language I don’t speak. Considering that I’m only fluent in English and know a smattering of high school Spanish, there are many languages that create obstacles to my creative endeavors.
- From early August until mid-September, Mr. P and I are only going to sleep in the same house approximately 12 of 41 nights.
- Regarding #2, I am on auto repeat of “this is just a season . . . this is just a season . . .”
- I have not touched my writing since determining that I will be unapologetic about it.
- I have approximately seven modes: Homemaker, Administrator, Writer, Knitter, Wife, Mother, and Apologist. Those are in no particular order.
- At the moment, I’m in Homemaker mode.
- Regarding #6: Stupid Pinterest.
- Our downstairs family-kid-entertainment room is now somewhere between Fire Engine Red and Vintage Merlot Red. That’s not as bad as it sounds. In fact, I sort of like it. But since yesterday it was a buttery yellow, it’s a bit jarring. It needs one more coat, which should make it trend a bit more toward the Vintage Merlot Red. I hope.
- AHG starts next Tuesday. I don’t feel even remotely prepared for this year. I continue to trust that God has something big planned and that He’ll let me in on it when He’s good and ready.
- Lucy and Tiger start school tomorrow. Hermione and Boy Patriot start next Monday. Can I get an “amen?”
- I have not been diligent about keeping up with my daily Bible reading, memorizing, prayer, and the rest this summer. Did we have summer? I don’t remember. It’s all been rather blurry these last three months or so. In any case, when it doubt, start at the beginning. Back to Genesis . . .
- I have insomnia. It stinks. It comes and goes without any real regularity, but it’s never a companion I welcome.
Perhaps sharing the randomness will allow slumber to steal over my thoughts and give me rest. I shall attempt to sleep (perchance to dream).
Till next we meet . . .